Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February jump start

For a special little girl about to be born in to a great family. I hope she gets tons of snuggles and tummy time on this special little quilt I made for her. (Excuse the lack of quality of my photos. I always want to take them when the lighting is the worst.)

 
I've been dying to use this Lilly Belle fabric forever but nothing seemed worthy enough for its use. Until I woke up one day and started cutting. And here we are. Funny how that works out.

 
I cut pink binding to start. Had a glass of wine and came back and it just wasn't right for it. After lots of digging (and borrowing from my friend) I decided on this black and white print. Totally unexpected. Totally me.

 
So there it is. My first quilt of February.

 
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I DID finish a quilt for January. It was a t-shirt quilt for a friend who's father passed away a few years ago. A little bit personal, so I'm going to keep it off of the internet. Some things are too precious to be shared to the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment